1. Please start by filling out the short initial registration form indicating your interest and your qualifications. Then sit back and wait to hear from us. We usually respond within 24hrs. If it has been more than 48 hours, then something has gone amiss. Our goal is to do some basic screening to make sure we have qualified people on the trip.
2. For applications that we approve, we will ask you will need to submit a $250 deposit to hold your place.
Note that we are capping the event to 10 participants. We reserve the right to determine who is qualified to take part and also to cancel the events if there are issues with political instability, permits, or low signups. We don’t anticipate this but need to say it! If you are not selected or if we cancel the event you will receive a full refund. The race fee is $1,500 USD. Your fee covers all normal expenses during the entire event period except snacks, lunches, and alcohol/soda drinks, gifts etc. Most people spend less than $100 USD on the trail. Please be aware this is not a deluxe event – we will stay in broad range of lodges and tea houses.
3. Once your application is approved, we will ask you to provide some additional registration information like emergency contact information, passport photos, flight itineraries, etc.
4. The balance of your race fee will be due within 30 days of your deposit unless other arrangements are made (just ask).
3. Book your plane ticket.
5. Make sure you have helicopter evacuation insurance up to 5,000m and covering at least $5,000 USD. We recommend worldnomads.com but there are several other good companies out there.
6. Get your visa! See our FAQs
Sound good? Great!
Let’s get started with Step 1: Registration form.